These Matcha Coconut Macaroons are so easy to make and don't involve any baking. Just pop them in the freezer for about 10 minutes and they are ready.
For the Macaroons
- 240g shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons Culinary Grade Matcha
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (not melted)
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- pinch of salt
For the Chocolate Drizzle
- 90g chopped chocolate (dark or milk)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the shredded coconut and Matcha to a food processor and blend on high until a smooth paste forms (this will take a few minutes) scrape down the bowl as necessary as you go along. The mixture should resemble dough when squeezed between your fingers.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil and pinch of salt and mix again until fully incorporated. Taste for flavour and add more Matcha if necessary.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the mixture and roll into little balls. Place on the baking sheet and gently squash them down so they are flat.
- When all the macaroons are on the baking sheet, place them into the freezer to chill.
- Meanwhile to make the chocolate sauce, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave or in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Take the macaroons out of the freezer and drizzle with chocolate.
- Pop them back in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to set and then they are ready to eat!