A healthier take on traditional pancakes, these Matcha pancakes taste just as good but without flour, eggs and milk!
- coconut oil for frying
- 100g buckwheat grouts
- 100g almonds
- 10g flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 100g oats
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons of Culinary Grade Matcha
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 250g water
- pinch of salt
- Start by heating the coconut oil in a frying pan on medium to high heat – make sure there is enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place the buckwheat grouts, almonds, flaxseed and chia seeds into a food processor and grind until flour forms.
- Add the oats to the food processor and grind again until the mixture resembles a fine flour.
- Add the banana, Matcha, maple syrup, water and pinch of salt and mix until everything is combined.
- Turn the heat down on the frying pan and drop heaped tablespoons of the pancake mixture onto the hot pan and spread evenly with the back of the spoon. Let them cook for a few minutes until the bottom is browned then flip over to cook the other side. Remove the pancake from the heat, add a little more coconut oil if needed and go again until all the mixture is used up.
- Serve immediately with fresh berries and an extra drizzle of maple syrup!